You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat >

Better Posts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #21
Flight1630

Liked 552 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 300

Flight1630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
I call those blind links or click bait and I will not click on them ever
Well i use the phone app, do you know how hard it is to post a link and then copy and paste a synopsis of the link without losing the original typing you did. Well I can say I can't do it. So when you see a link with no synopsis from me that's why.

Just a Canadian trucker

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #22
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight1630 View Post
Well i use the phone app, do you know how hard it is to post a link and then copy and paste a synopsis of the link without losing the original typing you did. Well I can say I can't do it. So when you see a link with no synopsis from me that's why.
Working a "Forum" with a cellphone can be a nightmare!!!! If you can swing it, get an inexpensive "tablet, or laptop" from a pawn shop, yard/garage sale, flea market, and sometimes even the "thrift stores" have them. (Or eBay, for that matter.) If nothing else, it would give you a screen you can SEE much better, and be MUCH easier to work with!! Bumping around the Web, I've seen 8"-10" screen tablets for as little as $25, and 15"+ screen laptops from $75+ -- not a bad deal at all. Not too long ago I got my cousin's kids a 15"+ screen/laptop for $129.95 ($600 new) at a pawn shop, had 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, old 1.5GHz processor, but plenty good enough for ordinary use. Wouldn't want to "game" on it, 1.5GHz processor not really good enough for that, but for ordinary, everyday use it's fine.

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #23
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10245 Times on 3053 Posts
Likes Given: 14555

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight1630 View Post
No, I don't. I can't even imagine what it is like using a phone to surf the web. Do what you can.

I am far less concerned about clicking links than many here. I try to at least give people an idea what they are clicking on but ultimately people need to make that decision themselves. Personally I would rather see people thank, or at least give a like to, people that post an article rather than bash the ones that just post the link. It seems about as effective as beating a dog that comes when you call because he didn't come the first time. I think positive reinforcement works better.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley

Last edited by Caribou; Yesterday at 08:33 PM. Reason: correcting auto correct
People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #24
Flight1630

Liked 552 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 300

Flight1630 is on a distinguished road

I do have a 10" android tablet but i use that as my trucks GPS, mounted to window, i can use it to go online but i have to unmount it and such, but when i get home i generally use the wife's pc. so when im on the road its easier to take phone in.

Just a Canadian trucker

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #25
tsrwivey
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7659 Times on 2228 Posts
Likes Given: 22257

tsrwivey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by backlash View Post
People that cannot let a spelling or grammar error go uncorrected.
I guess it makes them feel superior or feeds their ego but I think it's a waste of time.
If I can understand what they mean then it's fine, just move along.
I agree, unless they're critiquing the intellectual abilities of someone else. Then they'd better have their stuff right. If they're gonna call someone else stupid, they'd better spell it right.
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #26
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10245 Times on 3053 Posts
Likes Given: 14555

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrwivey View Post
I agree, unless they're critiquing the intellectual abilities of someone else. Then they'd better have their stuff right. If they're gonna call someone else stupid, they'd better spell it right.
Actually they're better off spelling it wrong because I don't want to see anyone calling another member "stupid" or anything else.

Yes, sometimes they are. Sometimes I am, but please, don't call me names to my face. Call me names and I won't hear another word. Give me an good argument and you might convince me.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley
People Like This 
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #27
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
Actually they're better off spelling it wrong because I don't want to see anyone calling another member "stupid" or anything else.

Yes, sometimes they are. Sometimes I am, but please, don't call me names to my face. Call me names and I won't hear another word. Give me an good argument and you might convince me.
Your point is the best argument for keeping it civil. Do you want to win / make your point or is your point so weak, you have to resort to name calling.

Once you call names, you have lost the debate, and just proven the other person is smarter and better informed. You may beat me in the debate but I am darned sure not going to make it easy by name calling.

You are going to have to prove you are smarter -- I am not going to prove I am dumber!!
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #28
bbqjoe
Void where Prohibited

Liked 617 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 26

bbqjoe is on a distinguished road

This topic anywhere, always makes me think of this:

Better Posts? - General Chit-Chat

Already bugged out, with nowhere to go.
Out of sight, out of mind.

Things are what they are, I no longer apply the benefit of doubt.

When you believe in things that you don't understand in your supper...Superstition ain't the way.

People Like This 

Quick Reply