Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion > What Does Wal-Mart Know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #141
pixieduster

Liked 153 Times on 99 Posts

pixieduster is on a distinguished road

Never seen anything like that at any walmarts near me. Only thing I do see is canning supply. Lots of gardeners here though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #142
Kessler

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Kessler is on a distinguished road

I just do not understand all the Wal-Mart bashing. I wish my local Wal-Mart carried more in the "prepper/survival" line.
Since Wal-Mart is still growing and making a profit, maybe we need their execs to run the country!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure...

oldvet Likes This 
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #143
oldvet

Liked 1046 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 5629

oldvet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlindaBob View Post
I just do not understand all the Wal-Mart bashing. I wish my local Wal-Mart carried more in the "prepper/survival" line.
Since Wal-Mart is still growing and making a profit, maybe we need their execs to run the country!
Teetotally agree with everything in your post.

Thanks for your service Marine, and from one Vietnam Vet to another.. Welcome home Brother, Welcome home.

Dan

You read, listen, watch, and practice, and just when you think you have it down someone comes up with a better way to do it. So you read, listen, watch, and practice, and just when................

Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #144
Kessler

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Kessler is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dan and a Welcome Home to you too sir! You know, it took 28 years after I came home from Vietnam for me to hear "Welcome Home"! I was in a near by town and some guy in a black pickup pulled up next to me at a light, rolled down his window and said "Welcome Home". He had no doubt seen my USMC / Vietnam sticker on my rear window. People just don't understand how much that means to me, but I know you do.........Welcome Home brother!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure...

Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #145
Von Helman
A very simple man

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Von Helman is on a distinguished road

did anyone else notice the pole is right in the middle of the isle? I mean couldn't they have better planning than to put a pole smack dab in the middle of the isle?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #146
Davarm
Texan
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3954 Times on 1900 Posts
Likes Given: 1851

Davarm is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your service, CharlindaBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlindaBob View Post
I just do not understand all the Wal-Mart bashing.
A lot of my bad blood with Walmart came about when my youngest daughter started working there.

I dont hold it against anyone if they choose to shop there(dont even criticize them), I have even been known to pass through their doors on rare occasions. In todays consumer society that seems to have the mindset of "throw it away and buy a new one", the Walmart executives have capitalized on that and have done quite well.

I dont often publicly bash them though unless some one point blank, directly asks me my openion. Sometimes the Asker gets kinda Irate when I give them the openion they asked for. I do seem to be in the minority.

As long as they are there and if they have something I cant get anywere else, I'll go there.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #147
Von Helman
A very simple man

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Von Helman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davarm View Post
I dont often publicly bash them though unless some one point blank, directly asks me my openion. Sometimes the Asker gets kinda Irate when I give them the openion they asked for. I do seem to be in the minority.

100% understand what you mean or even worse when on a social media board like this when you just share your OWN personal opinion on a subject that is counter to others and then get hated for it or called a troll. I mean being called a troll for having your own different opinion... LOL

I know I have opinions that are not very popular and when the haters get all worked up over my opinions it only goes to reinforce them even more.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #148
HoppeEL4

Liked 249 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 4

HoppeEL4 is on a distinguished road

CharlindaBob, My husband served in Vietnam, Air Force communications base always being targeted. He has struggled over the years, and when he started working where he is now, there were a lot of Vietnamese who had escaped Vietnam, working with him. One his first Veterans Day there, several of them came over, asked where he was stationed at, then shook his hand and said "thank you". That was something special to him, knowing being over there was important to these people who wanted American GI help over there (although the outcome was not what both wanted).

He was treated badly when he first came home, being targeted at the airport by protestors...his own fellow citizens. So having these people thank him, was a healing moment.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #149
CVORNurse

Location: about 120 miles south of Little Rock, l.a.(lower Arkansas)
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

CVORNurse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Helman View Post
did anyone else notice the pole is right in the middle of the isle? I mean couldn't they have better planning than to put a pole smack dab in the middle of the isle?

probably happened when they widened the aisles a while back and cut back on how much stuff they carry. At least my WM did when they remodeled. They have lots and lots of unused aisle space now.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #150
Davarm
Texan
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3954 Times on 1900 Posts
Likes Given: 1851

Davarm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Helman View Post
100% understand what you mean or even worse when on a social media board like this when you just share your OWN personal opinion on a subject that is counter to others and then get hated for it or called a troll. I mean being called a troll for having your own different opinion... LOL

I know I have opinions that are not very popular and when the haters get all worked up over my opinions it only goes to reinforce them even more.
"I" have never been bashed or called a troll for my opinions "HERE". I am of the frame of mind that everyone has a right to their own opinions and I respect that.

Opinions are formed by ones own experiences and since we all obviously have been down different roads, it would be strange indeed if we all had the feelings about all things. Prepping? we all sought out this site for the pretty much the same reason. "Preparing" For The Unknown", so most of us share a common thought on that.

I have found that their is much to be learned even from those whose opinions differ dramatically from mine so I accept them in that light. Name calling and ridicule, not a good thing(even though I have recently been guilty of that myself).

I'm never too proud to learn something new.

Quick Reply