Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion > What to do during Martial Law or Civil & Urban Unrest during a Major Crisis.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
PatriotSurvivalist
Patriot Survivalist

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

PatriotSurvivalist is on a distinguished road
Default What to do during Martial Law or Civil & Urban Unrest during a Major Crisis.

MARTIAL LAW

The following guide will help you plan, prepare, and get ready in the event that martial law threatens you safety and well being. It is divided into two parts. The first part describes the framework for martial law and the second part the actions to take in preparing for the actual declaration of martial law.

INTERESTING FACTS

* Martial law is defined as: military rule or authority imposed on a civilian population when the civil authorities cannot maintain law and order, as in a time of war or during an emergency.

* Hitler turned Germany into a Nazi dictatorship through executive orders.

* Executive Order 10995: All communications media are to be seized by the Federal Government. Radio, TV, newspapers, CB, Ham, telephones, and the internet will be under federal control. Hence, the First Amendment will be suspended indefinitely.

* Executive Order 10997: All electrical power, fuels, and all minerals well be seized by the federal government.

* Executive Order 10998: All food resources, farms and farm equipment will be seized by the government. You will not be allowed to hoard food since this is regulated.

* Executive Order 10999: All modes of transportation will go into government control. Any vehicle can be seized.

* Executive Order 11000: All civilians can be used for work under federal supervision.

* Executive Order 11490: Establishes presidential control over all US citizens, businesses, and churches in time of "emergency."

* Executive Order 12919: Directs various Cabinet officials to be constantly ready to take over virtually all aspects of the US economy during a State of National Emergency at the direction of the president.

* Executive Order 13010: Directs FEMA to take control over all government agencies in time of emergency. FEMA is under control of executive branch of the government.

* Executive Order 12656: "ASSIGNMENT OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESPONSIBILITIES", "A national emergency is any occurrence, including natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States.
Policy for national security emergency preparedness shall be established by the President." This order includes federal takeover of all local law enforcement agencies, wage and price controls, prohibits you from moving assets in or out of the United States, creates a draft, controls all travel in and out of the United States, and much more.

* Martial law can be declared due to natural disasters, 2012 Crisis, Stock Market crash, no electricity, riots, biological attack, .... anything leading to the breakdown of law and order.

SURVIVING MARTIAL LAW

* Prepare before any declaration of martial law by becoming self reliant. You may become subject to a bureaucratic system and be prepared to stay one step ahead of it which is easy to do if you are prepared and in a position to be self reliant.
You may also face mob rule, chaos, panic, or a complete breakdown in law and order. Survival situations may be easier to handle in rural areas than urban.

* Avoid areas of marital law. Can be imposed due to natural disasters or man caused events. Important to have a retreat or place in a rural area away from populated areas.

* Create alliances with like minded neighbors or community members that share your views. Team work and numbers may help your situation.

* Become transparent in the sense that you do not draw attention to yourself or your family. For instance, do not tell people that you are storing food just store food. Be prepared to render assistance to neighbors if need be. You never know when you will need them.

* Remain calm! Do not panic.

* Avoid areas of civil unrest if possible. If caught in civil unrest take appropriate action.

* Get informed and stay informed. Understand martial law can be a temporary crisis or an extended one. In extreme cases the shape of a whole nation can change.

* Declaration of martial law means your rights are suspended and it is government by decree. Your constitutional rights may no longer apply. This could mean a state of National Emergency.

* People can be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely without charges.

* Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly can be suspended, and censorship of the media imposed.

* Gun ownership will also come under severe attack during marital law. We could see house to house searches by the military or National Guard looking for guns and seizing any they find along with stored food.

* Take a stand on issues and make a choice that fits your beliefs and the situation. Do you believe as Patrick Henry, "Give me liberty or give me death?"

Realize you may have some hard choices to make. Understand you may have to sacrifice your principles on trivial matters or take a hard stand.

Always remember that you may have to come back and fight another day.

Disclaimer: I do not Advocate the use of VIOLENCE unless threatened with deadly force.

I also don't suggest that you take up arms against ANY type of Military Force.

Your small arms will be useless against the Full Force of the most heavily armed and well trained Military in the world.

Bug Out when possible and find somewhere to hold up until things calm down.

Save your Ammo and Small arms for Survival and Protection against marauders.

CIVIL & URBAN UNREST

* Be aware by recognizing danger. Have communication such as a radio, CB, or scanner. Use your senses. Panic spreads fast so when you feel threatened like your hair standing on end and the adrenalin working. Take action. Fight down the panic and stay calm.

* Get away-stay out of harm's way. Avoid trouble areas and/or dangerous parts of cities. Move away from dangerous cities.

* Avoid confrontation and try go around potential problems. Have an escape route that you have selected ahead of time. Remember, "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." You might end up the target of a person's built up anger even though you are not a part of the problem.

* Act like the natives. Try to blend in so you don't attract attention. Be careful of what you wear. Be aware of your surroundings.

* Hide equipment/supplies away from your home. Have a retreat or place where you can escape to as a safe haven. As governments get more totalitarian they make the citizens outlaws by banning things like gun or gold. Bury things or have them hidden away.

* Learn to defend yourself. Choose an art that is compatible to your beliefs such as karate, Aikido, mace, pepper spray, or shooting. If you face trouble head on, you should resist with everything possible in a life or death situation.

* Don't get involved in mobs or mob behavior. They become mindless and objectivity is lost.

* Crushed in a crowd? Self preservation is the key. Try to ride it out like a buoy in the sea. If caught in a crowd surge, stay away from anything solid like a wall, barrier, or pillar. Keep hands out of pockets and loosen tie.

You can find this and much more at my website:

http://www.ultimatesurvivalsupplies.com

Last edited by PatriotSurvivalist; 03-25-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add link to website
DM1791 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
piglett

Liked 97 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 119

piglett is on a distinguished road

interesting read thanks for posting !

piglett

Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
lotsoflead

Liked 194 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 75

lotsoflead is on a distinguished road

Martial law would be very hard to enforce in this country, unlike other countries where the people only have butter knives and sticks to fight with. This country is full of young veterans who own some of the best weapons and ammo in the world and have no intention of being told what to do with their land or anyone taking it.

I'm not into guns and at my age couldn't shoot one anyway but all one has to do is read some of the sites on the net or read about guns and ammo sales soaring, I'm sure that all the guns and ammo are not for hunting.

Just take one large city and figure it out,LA,Chicago,NY for example where guns aren't allowed, if 20 million people in just one city got POed and hungry, how could even one million LEOs controll them without sleeping gas or worse, then there's the clean up. While that city is being controlled, what are the other 280 million people going to be doing,laying down their weapons and throwing up their hands, I don't think so.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
101airborne

Liked 317 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 142

101airborne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoflead View Post
Martial law would be very hard to enforce in this country, unlike other countries where the people only have butter knives and sticks to fight with. This country is full of young veterans who own some of the best weapons and ammo in the world and have no intention of being told what to do with their land or anyone taking it.

I'm not into guns and at my age couldn't shoot one anyway but all one has to do is read some of the sites on the net or read about guns and ammo sales soaring, I'm sure that all the guns and ammo are not for hunting.

Just take one large city and figure it out,LA,Chicago,NY for example where guns aren't allowed, if 20 million people in just one city got POed and hungry, how could even one million LEOs controll them without sleeping gas or worse, then there's the clean up. While that city is being controlled, what are the other 280 million people going to be doing,laying down their weapons and throwing up their hands, I don't think so.
Agreed... IMHO in this event smaller cities and rural areas will be pretty much on their own as the feds won't have the resources/ manpower to worry about much outside of the larger cities and maybe the "production" areas of the country.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Lonewufcry
Lonewufcry

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lonewufcry is on a distinguished road

thanks for the post

Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Clarice

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Clarice is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the good info.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
The_Blob
performing monkey

Liked 839 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

The_Blob is on a distinguished road

Quote:

you don't control sheeple with guns... you control/enslave them with ENTITLEMENT programs

You have to stand for something, or you will fall for anything.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
JayJay
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 1051 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 7

JayJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I did read a document of a Chinese leader speaking to military leaders, years ago..his point was they hadn't invaded the U.S. yet because behind every door of every household was a gun..go figure.

Regarding this:how could even one million LEOs controll them without sleeping gas or worse, then there's the clean up.

I just finished reading an article of a new (to us) heat ray weapon being used...of course, the area affected wasn't specified..one or a crowd?? That would be the question, wouldn't it...for if you can isolate a beam and cover a town, we're toast..no pun intended!!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
lotsoflead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
you don't control sheeple with guns... you control/enslave them with ENTITLEMENT programs
Right, but those ENTITLEMENT programs are almost at an end meaning that there's going to be about 75 million hungry angry people.Welfare,foodstamps,Heap,SSI,extended unemployment,people getting their free fix at the drug stores, ect. whenever Chinas' off shore store (Walmart) stops selling their goods or we don't have enough money to support them, they'll pull the plug.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
lotsoflead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I did read a document of a Chinese leader speaking to military leaders, years ago..his point was they hadn't invaded the U.S. yet because behind every door of every household was a gun..go figure.

Regarding this:how could even one million LEOs controll them without sleeping gas or worse, then there's the clean up.

!!
it could be one reason not spoke out loud by our government as to why people still have guns here. It certianly can't be the constitution because presidents have been walking all over it for yrs.

Quick Reply