You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Trespassers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #31
readytogo
readytogo

Liked 2773 Times on 1286 Posts
Likes Given: 740

readytogo is on a distinguished road

I goes to show you that even out in the woods you still have crime and probably from your own neighbors too ,posted signs ,fences ,hell someone jump the White House just the other day so nothing is safe and everywhere you go you will touch bases with crime ,even in Mayberry USA and the funny thing is you can`t do nothing about it unless you have a knife stuck in your gut.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #32
Meerkat
Seeking The Truth
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 4469

Meerkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogo View Post
I goes to show you that even out in the woods you still have crime and probably from your own neighbors too ,posted signs ,fences ,hell someone jump the White House just the other day so nothing is safe and everywhere you go you will touch bases with crime ,even in Mayberry USA and the funny thing is you can`t do nothing about it unless you have a knife stuck in your gut.
Another one of them ' don't shoot till your shot' type of laws.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #33
jnrdesertrats
Noob

Liked 1267 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 83

jnrdesertrats is on a distinguished road

How about bio hazard signs because you dog contracted aids.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #34
HardCider

Liked 1376 Times on 399 Posts
Likes Given: 1012

HardCider is on a distinguished road

I wish I could change the traditional "posted" and 'Keep Out" signs to "You Will Be Shot" or "Smile you're in my crosshairs" signs all along the property border but then if you really needed to defend yourself the law would say you were just itching to cap someone. Sometimes it's probably best to just say nothing and do nothing and stay off the radar until fate or bad timing occurs and you need to act.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #35
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9491 Times on 2849 Posts
Likes Given: 13344

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCider View Post
I wish I could change the traditional "posted" and 'Keep Out" signs to "You Will Be Shot" or "Smile you're in my crosshairs" signs all along the property border but then if you really needed to defend yourself the law would say you were just itching to cap someone. Sometimes it's probably best to just say nothing and do nothing and stay off the radar until fate or bad timing occurs and you need to act.
I understand your frustration. You are correct about posting threatening signs, they will be very difficult to explain in court. This post might also show up in court. Be careful how you present yourself to the public my friend.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley
People Like This 
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 AM   #36
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2282 Times on 554 Posts
Likes Given: 9177

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

How about "Warning many trip and fall hazards, plus poisonous snakes and insects". I saw the snake and insect warning at an Arizona rest stop today. At least if a trespasser falls into an ankle breaking post hole you have been meaning to fill, they can't claim you had bad intentions, just lazy or too busy to finish the task.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #37
weedygarden
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 5066 Times on 2020 Posts
Likes Given: 14263

weedygarden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCider View Post
You are correct about this. If you post something like that, and then something happens, you will be suspected and held accountable, even if you were not at all involved.

We all know that no matter what you post, there will always be others who will completely disregard what you post and do what they want to do anyway.

Last edited by weedygarden; 03-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.
People Like This 

Quick Reply