You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Tips of all kinds...no matter what

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 04:49 AM   #311
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 15710 Times on 4371 Posts
Likes Given: 24437

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Over the years I have collected a handful of adaptors that let you use AA batteries in place of C or D cells. If you are expecting a hurricane or other disaster in the near future you may not be able to find exactly what you want so being flexible is a nice option.

“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #312
Sentry18
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 30615 Times on 7674 Posts
Likes Given: 15149

Sentry18 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
Over the years I have collected a handful of adaptors that let you use AA batteries in place of C or D cells. If you are expecting a hurricane or other disaster in the near future you may not be able to find exactly what you want so being flexible is a nice option.

You can also use tin foil or quarters in a pinch.

Tips of all kinds...no matter what - General Preparedness Discussion

Tips of all kinds...no matter what - General Preparedness Discussion

People Like This 
Old 09-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #313
sewingcreations15

Liked 586 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 884

sewingcreations15 is on a distinguished road

Also works for foil wrapped around fuses that have gone in your car/truck to get you through till you can buy another one if caught on the road as the foil completes the circuit. Ex trucky licenced motor dealer speak .

Also and speaking from experience here is if the casing melts off your motor in car/truck due to overheating you can plug the holes in the head with sticks broken off to keep the compression in the motor and it lasts a good 100km or so. Ex hubby would not listen to the car is overheating argument and this was the result eek.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:54 AM   #314
backlash

Liked 1780 Times on 562 Posts
Likes Given: 372

backlash is on a distinguished road

If you need a magnet to pick up something very small you can hit a screwdriver on the handle as hard as you can and it will magnetize it.
I just throw it down handle end first hard onto the concrete.
A wire coiled around the metal part and then touched to the battery posts so the wire sparks will also magnetize it.

I used to keep a bag of rolling tobacco in my truck.
I would use it to clean the windshield.
It removes the road film really well.
Just wipe the glass with the wet bag.
It also made the Marine at the main gate of the Navy base very interested in taking my truck apart looking for more drugs.
Finally had the head grunt called and got it straightened out but I did get stopped more frequently for random inspections. Random my butt.

Quick Reply