You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Prepardness and the Unwilling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #41
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10245 Times on 3053 Posts
Likes Given: 14555

Caribou is on a distinguished road

I knew I had read the story but I still had to look it up. No kids to read it to so it has been a long time.

We seem to have a lot of people that lurk or rarely post. Thanks for starting this thread Tank_Girl.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #42
terri9630

Liked 2522 Times on 862 Posts
Likes Given: 5895

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I realize this is an old thread...but I like to tell the spiritual not stockpiling...God warned Noah about the flood..but, He didn't build the Ark!!!
The thread is only 2 days old... Your right. There are many cases where God has warned people so they could be ready. My Sunday school teacher used to tell us a story about a man in a flood.

This man saw the weather report showing heavy rains expected up stream. The sheriff came by and told him to watch the river and to get out if it got near the road. The man said "No need, God will protect me". The river near his house flooded so he moved upstairs and eventually to the roof. A man in a boat came by and tried to get him to come to dry land with him. The man said "No need, God will protect me". Later on a helicopter came and tried to get the man. The man said "No need, God will protect me". When the man showed up at the gates to Heaven he asked God why he didn't protect him. God said I sent you a weather report, the Sheriff, a man on a boat and a helicopter. What more did you want?

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

People Like This 
Old Today, 05:03 AM   #43
Tank_Girl

Liked 148 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Tank_Girl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
I knew I had read the story but I still had to look it up. No kids to read it to so it has been a long time.

We seem to have a lot of people that lurk or rarely post. Thanks for starting this thread Tank_Girl.

No probs.

The majority of people here have been sweet but there's always one obnoxious jerk in every bunch who can't understand what was written.

Rest assured I won't be bringing up food or water again at church...............

Won't be TALKING with my pastor again about the subject.

I guess I'm going to have to take the parable of the wise virgins to heart
and not share my lamp oil with those who didn't bring enough.

Thank you to the nice peole who responded.

Quick Reply