You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Preparations update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #6421
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8230 Times on 2397 Posts
Likes Given: 2198

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road

Son lives in a bedroom type community close to a large Metropolis.

At the north edge of his community is a large swamp area with adjacent bike path.

At one end of the bike path is a parking lot, on the other end is a playground with a business parking area.

Son’s wife and children are out of town visiting. Son decides it’s will be a good time to test his preps.

Son parks one of their cars at the parking lot at the one end of the bike path. Son walks home for their second car which he parks in a business lot by the playground. Walks home again to wait for dark.

Son is dressed from head to toe in camo, pistol in holster, fully loaded backpack and AR. His scenario is he is bugging back to home. He is going to walk around the swamp. When he has completed circling the swamp he’ll stop across from his house, cook a meal and camp out for a bit watching. When he determines the coast is clear then walk back to his house to end the scenario. If at any time he feels the situation has been compromised, tired, or this isn’t going to work, he can terminate at either of his cars for a drive home. He’s got all the details worked out.

If he was reported in my part of the woods the local police would detain him only long enough to confirm his ID and gun permit. Have a good night and goodbye. In the Son’ neck of the woods, the local police response would be more like transported to jail, confiscate the firearms and hold until bail is posted. Son is a legal adult and is capable of making his own decisions.

Son’s cell phone vibrates. No caller name or number, telemarketer, son ignores the call. Son drinking one last cup of coffee to enable him to stay awake before heading out. Son’s cell phone vibrates again. No caller name or number again, telemarketer’s don’t usually call this late at night, son answers the call. Local Police Department calling wondering if the Son knows where his car is parked? How does the Son answer that without asking which car or which location? Son answers with a, “yes…” Officer replies at night they have a lot of drug activity around the playground and several cars have been stolen too. Son’s car been sitting there for quite a while and the Officer was concerned. Son thanked the officer and terminated the call.

Son thought about it for a while. Decide his whole plan had been compromised, changed clothes before walking to retrieve the car he had left by the playground.

45 Colt when you care enough to send the very best.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #6422
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6850 Times on 1753 Posts
Likes Given: 19721

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyL View Post
Son lives in a bedroom type community close to a large Metropolis.

At the north edge of his community is a large swamp area with adjacent bike path.

At one end of the bike path is a parking lot, on the other end is a playground with a business parking area.

Son’s wife and children are out of town visiting. Son decides it’s will be a good time to test his preps.

Son parks one of their cars at the parking lot at the one end of the bike path. Son walks home for their second car which he parks in a business lot by the playground. Walks home again to wait for dark.

Son is dressed from head to toe in camo, pistol in holster, fully loaded backpack and AR. His scenario is he is bugging back to home. He is going to walk around the swamp. When he has completed circling the swamp he’ll stop across from his house, cook a meal and camp out for a bit watching. When he determines the coast is clear then walk back to his house to end the scenario. If at any time he feels the situation has been compromised, tired, or this isn’t going to work, he can terminate at either of his cars for a drive home. He’s got all the details worked out.

If he was reported in my part of the woods the local police would detain him only long enough to confirm his ID and gun permit. Have a good night and goodbye. In the Son’ neck of the woods, the local police response would be more like transported to jail, confiscate the firearms and hold until bail is posted. Son is a legal adult and is capable of making his own decisions.

Son’s cell phone vibrates. No caller name or number, telemarketer, son ignores the call. Son drinking one last cup of coffee to enable him to stay awake before heading out. Son’s cell phone vibrates again. No caller name or number again, telemarketer’s don’t usually call this late at night, son answers the call. Local Police Department calling wondering if the Son knows where his car is parked? How does the Son answer that without asking which car or which location? Son answers with a, “yes…” Officer replies at night they have a lot of drug activity around the playground and several cars have been stolen too. Son’s car been sitting there for quite a while and the Officer was concerned. Son thanked the officer and terminated the call.

Son thought about it for a while. Decide his whole plan had been compromised, changed clothes before walking to retrieve the car he had left by the playground.
I liked the concept of checking out his bugout plan but the rest of his idea, not so much. Like you pointed out, your police force and his police force have very different concepts on how to respond to a person walking around with firearms. Glad he was not in trouble and his car was still intact. As least he learned the playground parking lot had drug problems and was checked by police.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:29 AM   #6423
Tacitus

Liked 1235 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 651

Tacitus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyL View Post
...Son is dressed from head to toe in camo...
Obviously this depends on where you live, and how you intend to bug out. But in most scenarios I think I might face, camo would be an attention getter.

Normal clothes would be a better option for most situations I can foresee. What do they call it? Gray man?...Metropolitan gray man does not wear camouflage from head to toe.

"The worst lesson that can be taught to a man is to rely upon others." -- Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by Tacitus; 06-22-2017 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling
People Like This 
Old 06-24-2017, 01:55 AM   #6424
musketjim

Liked 1080 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 24

musketjim is on a distinguished road

Bought another zucchini, cauliflower, and squash plant. Had to replace plants that my puppy dug up in our greenhouse. Lucky the greenhouse had some left. Finished last short training ride today for my long bike ride tomorrow. 60 miles, think I'm ready. This long ride will let me know where I'm at for my 100 mile ride in Denali Park next month. Been watching Netflix shows about Lance Armstrong and Marco Pantani and their Tour De France rides to get ready. Yard cleanup at BIL (house) moving along very well. Dug out our old trailer and getting it ready to perform in a BO situation. It has sat too long.

Tags
preparation list

Quick Reply