You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Preparations update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #6331
terri9630

Liked 2008 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

That's interesting. Won't work here as there is no rain, fog or dew to harvest but would be worth a try where there is ran, fog or dew.

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2017, 12:41 AM   #6332
Viking
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 2973 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 8253

Viking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri9630 View Post
That's interesting. Won't work here as there is no rain, fog or dew to harvest but would be worth a try where there is ran, fog or dew.
There may be far more moisture in your area than you think, in our travels looking for gold in Northern Nevada we drove through a small canyon in the Eugene Mountains and along side of the road we saw a condenser made of corrugated metal mounted over a collection tank set up by a Nevada bird hunters association, chucker hunters to be specific. The air out there in the desert mountains is very dry but overnight there is enough moisture to be collected, it sure gave me some ideas to think about for alternative water supplies.

I've done so much with so little for so long that I can do almost anything with nothing.

People Like This 
Old 03-26-2017, 03:42 AM   #6333
terri9630

Liked 2008 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
There may be far more moisture in your area than you think, in our travels looking for gold in Northern Nevada we drove through a small canyon in the Eugene Mountains and along side of the road we saw a condenser made of corrugated metal mounted over a collection tank set up by a Nevada bird hunters association, chucker hunters to be specific. The air out there in the desert mountains is very dry but overnight there is enough moisture to be collected, it sure gave me some ideas to think about for alternative water supplies.
During monsoon season there is. Today our humidity was 15%. On a overcast day. On a clear day it gets to 5-8%. Now I'm curious, it's supposed to be overcast again tomorrow, I'll run the de humidifier and see what I get.

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:47 AM   #6334
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9491 Times on 2849 Posts
Likes Given: 13344

Caribou is on a distinguished road

The humidity was in the teens when I checked earlier today. The sun just set and the humidity is now 44%. As it cools tonight I would not be surprised to get frost by morning.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley

Old Yesterday, 02:31 AM   #6335
IceFire
Homesteader

Liked 85 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

IceFire is on a distinguished road

Picked up a goat buckling today. when he matures, he'll be the stud for my doe.

Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #6336
musketjim

Liked 956 Times on 383 Posts
Likes Given: 24

musketjim is on a distinguished road

Went to Home Show this weekend and picked up a couple new 6v batteries to upgrade BOL system. Expensive but saved a few bucks. Rotated fuel reserves getting ready to start filling boat. Made mozzarella last nite. Not doing ricotta this time with the whey, not enough cheese recovered to make it worth it. Did it once before. Mixing the whey with the puppies food she scarfs it right up. Went to an ice fishing derby today with grandkids, they went mainly to play with other kids on lake and I went to just hang out with the puppy. But won a couple drawings for 2 new fishing poles.

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #6337
headhunter

Liked 186 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 95

headhunter is on a distinguished road

I managed to reload a few .357s and then took up a chore I've been putting off. About a month ago I was on my merry way reloading some .223s. After the 1st box I realized that there was a bulge on the shoulder. These weren't the 1st .223s I've reloaded and the 1st batch had no problem, these did. I guess I started reloading in '70 so I thought I might know something about it. There are a few firearms that have never had a factory shell in them. Usually I full length resize and, yeah, I've other small base dies. My old dies , one raised the ram and screwed the die in until it touched and lowered the ram and then backed the die up a turn (RCBS even included a cardboard round as a gauge) and then we were "off to the races". The new dies came with directions, can you imagine that? They said you were to raise the ram, screw the die in until it made contact, lower the ram , and then screw the die in another full turn for the best alignment of ram and die. After resizing, I took special care when trimming the inside and out side of the case mouths (a second time) and the problem was gone. Pulling the bullets, reclaiming the powder, and resizing the cases I lost only three things: a little time, a few primers, and a little pride.
I also emptied and refilled a couple of water jugs.

Old Today, 01:39 AM   #6338
timmie
timmie

Liked 779 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 1833

timmie is on a distinguished road

hubby planted 2 pomegranite trees,3 crepe myrtles, 4 dogwood today, along with 12 tomato plants.

Tags
preparation list

Quick Reply