You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Mental Prep for Isolation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #41
Flight1630

Liked 550 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 295

Flight1630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOutlaw View Post
Get married... after 15 years or so you will feel pretty isolated... J/K
Does almost 14 yrs count lol

Just a Canadian trucker

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #42
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10245 Times on 3053 Posts
Likes Given: 14555

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishHeart View Post
Well, thanks for that, but I'm running into a wall in flying her out quickly. She's lost her I.D. Had to take the dive and call the bad sister and ask her to look for it. Seems she's already been through her place and said she didn't see it. I can't book a flight without her I.D. Am asking the elderly advocate to help. She sees her Tuesday. Bad sister said she may look again, and am chuckling because just was texted by other sister that the locks were being changed right then. Bad sister and Mom live in the same mobile home park. Worst case, we have to drive about 20 hours each way. That would be hard on all of us.
Take her to DMV and get a new ID. They should be able to pull up the last one with her photo on it. Lost ID's are not an issue. Does she have a passport or her birth certificate? You can use your mom's place for a couple of days to get an ID or better yet rent a room. I would expect that you can get the ID in one visit but you might want to call DMV ahead of time.

Take her to the bank for any changes to the bank signatures. Children stealing from parents is far too common. You're not the only one with a bad sister. Unfortunately, Mom would never throw one of her daughters in jail.

The sister takes her cards? Did she not also take her ID? Not a big surprise she can't find the ID when finding it goes counter to her attempt to take over Mom's assets.

If you don't think you can get the ID I'd get on the road and plan two days over and three days back. Frequent stops and some fun sights on the way back. You can bring a lot more of her personal stuff back if you take the car. There are so many little things that bring back memories and make a place her home. Our prayers go with you.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley
People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #43
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight1630 View Post
Does almost 14 yrs count lol
Whole lot better than me! Never made it past 7. Got a good spouse for more than 10, I'd have to say they're a "keeper!" Hope you see your 50th anniversary, some things are worth hanging on to....

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #44
Flight1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic2 View Post
Whole lot better than me! Never made it past 7. Got a good spouse for more than 10, I'd have to say they're a "keeper!" Hope you see your 50th anniversary, some things are worth hanging on to....
Well as far as I'm concerned she is a keeper and no you can not borrow her even though she is an amazing cook. Just ask my belly lol

Just a Canadian trucker

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #45
terri9630

Liked 2522 Times on 862 Posts
Likes Given: 5895

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic2 View Post
We hit 21 last Dec. He's stuck now. Only one way out of this relationship....

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #46
Flight1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri9630 View Post
We hit 21 last Dec. He's stuck now. Only one way out of this relationship....
Not to sure if I really want to know. Lol

Just a Canadian trucker

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #47
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Married 21 years to a vary nice Lady, then she got smart.

Engaged to not so nice Lady and then I got smart.

Current wife -- friends for 8 years and now married for 5 years.

I think this one plans to keep me. MAYBE? Time will tell.

Old Today, 12:10 AM   #48
AmishHeart

Liked 2515 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2293

AmishHeart is on a distinguished road

Ohh...you all are newlyweds. Ha.
I married the love of my life almost 34 years ago. We met when I was 17, and married when I was 21. He is 9 years older. One of our daughters (age 24) was dating young men her age, never was working out. Is dating (and shacking up with) one who is 10 yrs older. Seems to be working well, although I'm not thrilled with the shacking up part. He is a very nice man and works hard, and doesn't play video games or act like a childish idiot.

Old Today, 12:26 AM   #49
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishHeart View Post
Ohh...you all are newlyweds. Ha.
I married the love of my life almost 34 years ago. We met when I was 17, and married when I was 21. He is 9 years older. One of our daughters (age 24) was dating young men her age, never was working out. Is dating (and shacking up with) one who is 10 yrs older. Seems to be working well, although I'm not thrilled with the shacking up part. He is a very nice man and works hard, and doesn't play video games or act like a childish idiot.
Yes it did take me a long time to smarten up. As for the "Shacking Up", in the past I might have agreed with you but after my romantic failures, I really believe it is the best choice. I know the old adage about "buying the cow if you are getting the milk free" but nobody is talented (acting) enough to put on good show 24 /7 /365. Being on your best behavior has time limits. Plus shacking up does not have the social stigma of years past --- she is not going to be known as a loose woman. Keep my finger crossed for her and I am very proud and happy for you. 34 years is quite an accomplishment.

Quick Reply