Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion > Collapse of the dollar July 1st??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Hector827

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hector827 is on a distinguished road
Default Collapse of the dollar July 1st??

I read about how July 1 of this year could set the gears in motion for the collapse of the dollar. There will be a new law July 1st that is going to require all countries and everyone holding dollars to start paying taxes on the dollars they have. Won't directly affect us since we already pay taxes but it will indirectly affect us when all these countries are told to pay up. Everyone around the world knows the value of the dollar is declining fast, so why would they want to pay taxes on a currency that has no future? They probably won't. That will be the time everyone will start dumping the dollar, thus leading to the collapse of the dollar. Now more than ever is the time to start getting ready while we can.

Being prepared every minute of everyday could make the difference in survival or death. FREE Credit card knife!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Mase92

Liked 335 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 420

Mase92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have sources for this?

-Nobody wants the president to fail, nobody wants America to fail.
-I hope he fails. (Jan. 2009)
-Obama has failed. (Feb 2014)
Rush Limbaugh

My FAK

My Tactical Facebook page

People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
helicopter5472
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1121 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 3835

helicopter5472 is on a distinguished road

Haven't heard that one yet? Why? That's a killjoy...

Old 03-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Sentry18
Hired Gun
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10265 Times on 3708 Posts
Likes Given: 3983

Sentry18 is on a distinguished road

So every other country in the world that uses the US dollar somehow came together, put together a union of sorts with totalitarian financial control, then secretly passed a law to tax the dollar starting on July 1? Seems legit.

People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2274 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 375

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector827 View Post
I read about how July 1 of this year could set the gears in motion for the collapse of the dollar. There will be a new law July 1st that is going to require all countries and everyone holding dollars to start paying taxes on the dollars they have. ...
You mean all of the Countries are going to agree on this? It will be the first time in history if they do agree.

“Celer-Silens-Mortalis”
People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Hector827

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hector827 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for not posting all the details. It was a long article I read and just wanted to post about to see if anyone's heard anything. In 2010 house of representatives bill hr2847 was passed by congress. Well hidden in it is a provision called fatca (foreign account tax compliance act) set to happen July 1st 2014. Its basically stating every world bank must comply to the IRS. The article says they can do that because the dollar is the world reserve currency. Ill try and get a link to the article and post it on here.

Being prepared every minute of everyday could make the difference in survival or death. FREE Credit card knife!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
LincTex
Jack of all trades?
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4524 Times on 2469 Posts
Likes Given: 10817

LincTex is on a distinguished road

Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Account_Tax_Compliance_Act

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a United States act that requires United States persons, including individuals who live outside the United States, to report their financial accounts held outside of the United States, and requires foreign financial institutions to report to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) about their American clients. Congress enacted FATCA to make it more difficult for U.S. taxpayers to conceal assets held in offshore accounts and shell corporations and to recoup federal tax revenues. The FATCA is a portion of the 2010 Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
k0xxx
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1095 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 587

k0xxx is on a distinguished road

I'd be more concerned about Russia retaliating against sanctions by dumping the Dollar and Dollar denominated holdings, especially if they can convince China to go along. Basically a financial WWIII, and one that we would ultimately loose.

At my age, rolling out of bed in the morning is easy... Getting up off the floor is another story.

People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #9
kappydell

Liked 327 Times on 171 Posts

kappydell is on a distinguished road

many are looking to dump the dollar anyway; this applies only to US persons, as far as the banks holding american monies I see no reason they would get their undies in a bundle about reporting on thwe US citizens to to US. Other countries collect their taxes from funds held out of country that way already, so why would anyone get all excited. The only problem I see is if those wanting to dump the dollar already uses this as an excuse....

Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
BillS
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 1877 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 112

BillS is on a distinguished road

I heard Peter Schiff talk about this. He owns a bank in the Caribbean. He said that the law forces banks that have American citizens as customers to provide info to the IRS for ALL of their customers. Plus, it costs the bank more to do all the paperwork for members that are US citizens. Most banks will just dump accounts belonging to Americans. Schiff said that his bank doesn't accept US citizens as customers.

Life is hard but God is good.

Quick Reply