You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Cheap preps for worst-case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 01:25 AM   #61
Starcreek
Here a while

Liked 6215 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 1998

Starcreek is on a distinguished road

If you have an infant, or expect to give birth, plan on breastfeeding until the baby is a year old. If the retail supply lines dry up, there won't be any formula, and there might not be any milk.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #62
crabapple
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 3349 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 11320

crabapple is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcreek View Post
Simplify your lifestyle....
Instead of eating out, cook at home.
Instead of going to a movie, go for a walk (with your dog or your significant other).
Instead of cultivating an expensive hobby, turn that money into something productive for preparedness, like gardening or raising rabbits or camping.

Develop a "farm kitchen" that simply has all the basics for preparing food from scratch -- flour (all purpose, self-rising, whole wheat, etc.), salt, herbs and seasonings, oil, lard, oats, barley, non-gmo cornmeal, plus fresh, dried, canned, and frozen fruits and vegetables. You will not only be healthier by avoiding processed foods, you will develop skills in food preparation, and save a LOT of money.
Wife says I have to take to dinner once a week!

Knowledge is power, Skill is trade, Experience is Priceless

FAMILY: The people who will harvest the fruit of my labor.

People Like This 
Old 09-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #63
Guardian

Liked 180 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Guardian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Wife says I have to take to dinner once a week!
Happy wife happy life.....
Old 09-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #64
LincTex
Jack of all trades?

Liked 7961 Times on 3840 Posts
Likes Given: 17902

LincTex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcreations15 View Post
Hello everyone and a few other preps I thought of stocking are -

Starcreek and Caribou you can buy both sewing needle and sewing kits really cheaply on Ebay too as well as lots of other things.
- solar lanterns and portable solar panels. (quality can range from poor to excellent)
- bungee cords, snap straps. (I wish they made them to last in the sunlight... they really don't)
- unscented bleach for water purification, water purification tablets. (In this heat, bleach has a short life. Powders like Pool shock, and tablets are better to have stored)
- bottled water or rain water in tanks. (a rain water tank is ESSENTIAL!! No one should be without one!)

All posts by LincTex are the intellectual property of LincTex and may not be used for any commercial use without written consent from LincTex. Copyright © 2011-2017. All Rights Reserved.

People Like This 

Quick Reply