You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Preparedness Discussion >

Bio War

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 02:25 AM   #41
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8652 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 28032

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfacefixer View Post
There are multiple agencies tracking this every single day. Actually some of the best data analytics are coming from non medical like googles experimental divisions . Medical informatics and traditional epidemiology are stronger now than ever before. We can track with high accuracy outbreaks before they happen based on web searches, phone texts with gps location- knowing who is talking to who is a great estimation of connections( yes there actually is beneficial reasons for data harvesting other than focused advertising ...technology is doing what agents used to have to do in an actual meet and greet in the wake of an outbreak. Now we see trends heading towards via increase in data chatter. One that is directly available to you now is the HealthMap app. It sums up health threats based on frequency of publications and hits on certain topics based on location and then crosses it against logs of state and federal reportable disease occurrences. It's been helpful a few times to see exactly when the height of flu season was going to be in certain areas. And I've also found nearby cases of rabies outbreaks that I wouldn't have known about otherwise, because it wouldn't make bigger newscasts.
As usual, great information. I had not know about the data sharing and collection process for vital information, only knew marketing and spying. It is nice to know that some good is coming form it. Thanks for the info on healthmap. I had not know about that either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #42
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9276 Times on 3099 Posts
Likes Given: 12069

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks DrRFacefixer.......always good to know, and it gives "local data," too.
Great site!! http://www.healthmap.org/en/

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #43
DrDianaAnderson
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2184 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 5554

DrDianaAnderson is on a distinguished road
Default Bioterrorism

As promised, I am attaching the chart I created for staff at the hospital that explains the different bioterror diseases.

File Type: pdf bioterrorism.pdf (436.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #44
DrDianaAnderson
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2184 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 5554

DrDianaAnderson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfacefixer View Post
One that is directly available to you now is the HealthMap app. It sums up health threats based on frequency of publications and hits on certain topics based on location and then crosses it against logs of state and federal reportable disease occurrences.

Excellent site, drfacefixer! Thanks for sharing. It's not one I've been using, but I will be from now on! Thank you!

Quick Reply