You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Hunting & Fishing >

Edged weapons seminar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
maluco

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

maluco is on a distinguished road
Default Edged weapons seminar

Maluco Tactical Training, an ICPTA (International Close Protection Training Association) certified organization, is holding a one day edged weapons seminar on March 6th, in Vancouver, Canada.

The seminar is aimed at security professionals working in various fields where edged weapons may be in use. Through a combination of theoretical and practical exercises those who attend will learn the different aspects of edged weapons; common hiding places for them, how to recognize different attack patterns and estimate risks associated with them.

This seminar has been offered around the world to multiple law enforcement and security organizations, and now we are offering it to the public.

Upon completion of the seminar, attendees are awarded a certificate of completion and are added to our student database which can be used as a reference.

The price for the course is $130.00. We offer an early bird special price of $95.00 for those who sign up and pay before March1th (a bonus T-shirt is also given to those who pay early).

We encourage anyone in the area to attend and sign up soon, space is limited. For more information you can contact us by email at info@malucotactical.commaluco

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
pdx210

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

pdx210 is on a distinguished road

sounds interesting, I was in a firearms training class years ago the instructor was a police officer, tactical team member, martial arts expert , X-military special forces. Anyway, his advice on edged weapons there are no winers only degrees of loss the majority of the time both people get hurt.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
maluco

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Maluco Edged Weapons seminar

Edged weapons seminar - Hunting & Fishing

Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
maluco

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Pictures from Maluco Tactical Blade Course

Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #5
maluco

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx210 View Post
sounds interesting, I was in a firearms training class years ago the instructor was a police officer, tactical team member, martial arts expert , X-military special forces. Anyway, his advice on edged weapons there are no winers only degrees of loss the majority of the time both people get hurt.
You are 100% right

Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 AM   #6
AmmoSgt

Liked 519 Times on 295 Posts
Likes Given: 76

AmmoSgt is on a distinguished road

get two magic markers and a friend and have a "knife fight" with them then go look in the mirror

If you are interested is close combat and knife fighting can't go wrong with Col. Rex Applegate's book https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Get-Killed-Rex-Applegate/dp/1581605587

and this the Fairbairn manual of Knife Fighting https://archive.org/stream/TheFairbairnManualOfKnifeFighting/The%20Fairbairn%20Manual%20of%20Knife%20Fighting#p age/n3/mode/2up

if you consider using a knife for self defense consider getting a purpose built purposed designed knife I have a Applegate Fairbairn copy made by Boker .. I think it makes a difference

some online video's three parter it's so so worth a watch

these guys are real good https://www.youtube.com/user/StaySafeMedia/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

This is important you have to know where to attack http://www.medicalcity-iq.net/medlib/Anatomy%20of%20the%20Human%20Body.pdf

study up on where arteries and tendons and vital organs are

how to pick a knife what knives are made of http://zknives.com/knives/articles/knifesteelfaq.shtml

Simple fact of life for women.. you probably won't know you are being attacked until you are already hands on and in body contact very little warning. Men too, if I was going to attack somebody, especially a possibly armed somebody I would want to start with an attack at very close range that could disable an arm or leg or pin it and where I could dominate with hyperviolence to put the mind in a brainfreeze with shock, the bad guys know this . I have already posted some of the best information of how to cope with intense interpersonal violence with the Grossman stuff / bullet proof mind that all applies here.

knowing and practicing some hand to hand and knife skills could be important but again training and practice is important .. in a crunch it comes down to muscle memory and clarity of thought and intent .Having some skill and knowing key places to slash or stab and which is which is a heck of an advantage in a fight.

J.R.R. Tolkien "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, ... I love only that which they defend.”

Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 8500

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Back in my day, shortly after the stone age, I taught martial arts. I did learn something surprising, some of the most accomplished students kept losing in tournaments. I studied this matter and discovered that skill was not the deciding factor in the final outcome. The ability to risk getting hit out weighed the other persons skill set. The most important factor in hand to hand is the ability to dominate your opponent and disregard your fear of injury. This does not indicate that skill is not important but attitude can and does overcome some skill deficiencies. A trained and determined person will defeat an untrained and determined person.

As for edge weapon training, good info and fun training but if I have the time and ability to reach my knife, I have the same opportunity to reach my pistol. Your knife fighting ability gets more limiting as a person ages, firearm proficiency continues to be viable much later in life. Remember: Too old to fight, too slow to run, BANG! JMHO.

Quick Reply